Archive for google
I went to a conference as part of AdWeek which was pretty good. Google and Yahoo are really piling into the space and you know what? I think that they will win (to an extent). Good results are happening for advertisers on both compnys’ mobile portals. Likewise on the payments side of things. Visa, Mastercard, etc. will win the mobile payments war just becuase they are the big guys in the non mobile world.
Some key stats from the talk:
- 43% of iphone users make US$100k+, 18% US$75-100k (i.e. iPhone users are rich. They are also trendsetters, so they are a good demographic to do stuff with)
- Mobile usage is highest when you are at home in bed after work
- Mobile compliments on line without cannibalising it
- Mobile as a channel is working and is more lucrative than other channels
- There are more 3G users in the USA than Europe