Archive for hottix
I saw this article (read it here) about Hottix suing Beattie McGuinness Bungay (BMB). Apparently BMB asked Hottix to license their iBeer iPhone application, and Hottix said no, so they made their own iPint application and because it was free and the iBeer cost US$2.99, Hottix lost money.
So everyone who commented agreed with Hottix and were all “poor old Hottix, a mom n pop operation being raped by the big evil corporate”. But wait just a minute! I have to say I am on the side of BMB.
- Firstly What IP? a pint emptying as the iPhone is tilted is hardly revolutionary IP! plus the iPint was different anyway.
- Secondly, I find it disgraceful that iBeer is US$2.99. Hottix deserve something cheaper to come along because there is NO VALUE there. If IP means you can make stuff that is SHIT expensive, then sorry, but I don’t believe in IP.
- Thirdly, why didn’t Hottix just license the iBeer application. Greedy Idiots!
- Fourth, think of the consumers. I have the iPint application and it is fine. A little basic but ok. Certainly not worth $2.99. Not even worth $0.99. Why do people keep writing such shit iPhone apps and try to get people to pay for them. Take a look at Texas Hold ‘em by Apple. Now that is worth the money.
- Fifth, logic is wrong. There is NO WAY I would have bought the iBeer OR iPint application if it cost anything, so there is very little cannibalisation there in my opinion. The only people who bought the iBeer did it because it was one of the earlier apps available and they were in a descovery phase.